Zucchini Brownie Bites
Write a review
- 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c. natural peanut butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 1/2 c. finely shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 1 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips (optional)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together the applesauce, peanut butter, egg yolk, shredded zucchini and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites together with a handheld mixer or wire whisk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Alternately add the egg whites and flour mixture to the zucchini mixture. Mix in optional chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into oiled, or lined, mini muffin tins. Bake at 350˚F for 15 minutes. If you’re using regular muffin tins, bake for 20 minutes.
- If you’re really trying to cut back on sugar, try using a mashed ripe banana, agave nectar, coconut sugar or pure maple syrup instead. Also, you can substitute the whole wheat flour with Spelt four. I don’t recommend using chocolate chips if you’re going to be somewhere where these zucchini brownie bites have the potential to melt.
- Splet flour is higher in protein than whole wheat flour. I substitute all my recipes with Spelt.
Be Healthier You https://behealthieryou.com/