Roasted Red Pepper, Mozzarella and Basil Stuffed Chicken
Write a review
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into 8 slices
- 1 12 oz jar of roasted red peppers sliced into 1 inch pieces (about two whole red peppers if you roast your own)
- 1 bunch of basil, whole leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x12 casserole dish.
- Butterfly chicken breasts by slicing into the long side of the breast, stopping just about 1/4 of an inch from the opposite side.
- Lay chicken breast in casserole dish opened up. Sprinkle the exposed insides of the chicken breast with 1/2 of the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Stack the roasted red pepper, basil, and 1 slice of the mozzarella on the bottom side of the chicken.
- Fold the top flap of the chicken over, tucking in the mozzarella, basil and roasted red pepper as necessary.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Italian seasoning.
- Bake chicken for 30-40 minutes (until chicken is no longer pink).
- Pull chicken out of oven and turn the oven to a high broil.
- Top chicken with remaining mozzarella slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
Be Healthier You https://behealthieryou.com/