A lot of people are making resolution’s to lose weight, which is great. One thing to do is add exercise in your daily life, its not just for losing weight. If you exercise and keep your diet the same, you may gain some muscle, improve endurance, and be healthier overall, but you won’t shed many pounds. But exercise is critical, but not for the reasons you think.
Here’s how exercise helps and why we need it:
– It makes your cells and muscles more sensitive to insulin so you don’t need as much.
Less insulin = less belly fat.
– It reduces the stress hormone cortisol. Too much cortisol and you become insulin
resistant and store belly fat. Too much cortisol also makes you crave sugar and carbs
and seek comfort food.
– If you do interval training (going fast and then slow, like the wind sprints you did in high
school), you can speed up your metabolism and burn more calories all day long, 1
even while you sleep.
– Strength training builds muscle, and muscle burns seven times as many calories as fat.
Even if you are skinny, strength training is key because it prevents “skinny fat” syndrome.
– Exercise improves memory, learning, and concentration.
– Vigorous exercise is a better anti-depressant than Prozac.
– It protects your heart and reduces your risk for heart attack and stroke.
– It reduces inflammation (the cause of almost every disease of aging).
– It boosts detoxification of environmental chemicals.
– It balances hormones and reduces breast and other common cancers.
– It improves sexual function.
To your Health.