Ginger Carrot Soup
This soup comes together really quickly. All of the ingredients are easy to come by all year long. Oh, and it tastes really good.
Write a review
- 12 carrots
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 32 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 inch ginger root, grated
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- sour cream or greek yogurt, optional
- Peel and chop your carrots into 1 inch chunks. Set aside.
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Chop the onion and bell pepper then add to the pot. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add carrots and broth to the onions. Cover and simmer until the carrots are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend all ingredients until smooth. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can also transfer the soup in small portions to a stand blender then return to the pot to reheat.)
- Add in lemon juice, grated ginger root and hot sauce. Return soup to a simmer for a few minutes more.
- Serve as is or with a dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt, if desired.
- The fact that this soup doesn’t take a lot of time (about 40 minutes), is healthy and all of the ingredients are easy to come by year-round, makes it a winner in my book. Don’t take my word for it though, try it for yourself and let me know what you think!
Be Healthier You https://behealthieryou.com/