Garden Vegetable Soup.
This fresh, light vegetable soup recipe will warm you up and let you daydream about spring days.
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 c. chopped leeks (white part only)
- 2 c. carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
- 2 c. peeled and diced potatoes
- 2 c. fresh green beans, broken into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 4 c. peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. packed, chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil. Add in the chopped leeks and a pinch of salt. Steam for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in carrots, potatoes and green beans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vegetable broth and increase the heat to high to bring to a simmer.
- Add in tomatoes, corn and pepper then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add parsley and lemon juice. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- This recipe is unbelievably simple and lets the produce speak for itself.
- Of course, like every good soup recipe, the ingredients are really just suggestions. Substitute, add and subtract to your heart’s content. This version is vegan, but if you’re a meat-eater, switch out the vegetable stock for chicken broth or add in some sausage.
Be Healthier You https://behealthieryou.com/