Almond Flour Bread Recipe (Gluten-free)
Write a review
- Dry ingredients
- 2¼ cups blanched almond flour*
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine texture sea salt (such as Real Salt)
- Wet ingredients
- 5 eggs** (4 if they are jumbo)
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Fresh herbs (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, combine the dry ingredients and pulse them until well combined, about 10 pulses.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined, about 20 seconds.
- Scrape down the edges and add herbs.
- Pulse another 5 or 6 times to mix the herbs into the dough without puréeing them. The dough will be like a very thick batter but should be thin enough that it wouldn’t roll into a ball.
- Pour dough into a greased 9×5 bread pan; there will be enough to fill the pan about halfway up.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes before serving.
- I tried to double this recipe to fill the pan all the way up but couldn’t get it to cook through. So, we’re filling the pan halfway on purpose.
Be Healthier You https://behealthieryou.com/