Coconut Curry Chicken and Vegetables
Do you love curry? This can be made mild to hot spicy, you can choose. I use the yellow curry. Top this on some brown Basmati rice or rice noodles of your choice.
- • 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- • 1 Tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- • 1 Cup Onion chopped
- • 1 Tablespoon Garlic chopped
- • 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- • 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- • 2 Large (or 4 small) Chicken Breasts bone-in
- • 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- • 1 Small Carrot diced
- • 2 Cups Cauliflower
- • 1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
- • 1 Apple chopped
- • 1 Can (13 ounce) Coconut Milk
- • 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Peas
- • Fresh Cilantro chopped for garnish
- In a large sauté pan heat the coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and stir for 10 seconds until they start to pop; be careful not to burn them. Immediately add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until they begin to sweat.
- Add curry and cayenne and stir to coat onions.
- Add the chicken, sprinkle with ½ tsp. of the salt, and sear on all sides.
- Add the carrots, cauliflower, and green pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the apple, coconut milk, and remaining salt and simmer on low heat for 15 - 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add peas and simmer 2 to 3 more minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Be Healthier You https://behealthieryou.com/