CHICKEN CABBAGE STIR FRY
Cabbage, which is often lumped into the same category as lettuce because of their similar appearance, is actually a part of the cruciferous vegetable family. Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, kale and broccoli are notorious for being chock-full of beneficial nutrients. If you are trying to improve your diet, cruciferous vegetables should be at the very top of your grocery list. Cabbage can vary in color from green to red and purple, and the leaves can be smooth or crinkled. With less than 20 calories per half cup cooked, it is a vegetable worth making room on your plate for. This recipe is simple and delicious.
Write a review
- ~ 3 chicken breast halves
- ~1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ~3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- ~ 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ~1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ~1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ~1⁄2 cup water
- ~1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add chicken strips and stir fry over medium-high heat, turning constantly until done.
- Add cabbage and sauté 2 minutes until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Mix cornstarch and seasonings; add water and soy sauce, and mix until smooth.
- Stir sauce into chicken/cabbage mixture.
- Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.
- 8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours
Be Healthier You https://behealthieryou.com/