Whether you’re looking for a clever way to squeeze extra servings of vegetables into your family meals, or curbing your personal carbohydrate intake, this recipe is your answer. Cauliflower really is a super vegetable. It contains 77 per cent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C, and is also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, and many more crucial nutrients. Plus, it’s incredibly versatile. I mean you can turn it into a healthy, no-carb rice, after all.
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. turmeric (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse cauliflower under cool water and pat dry.
- Use a cheese grater to grate the cauliflower to a course texture (approximately the size of rice grains). Another option is to use a food processor and pulse chunks of cauliflower to the desired texture.
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cauliflower rice and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Be Healthier You https://behealthieryou.com/