I love modifying recipes. This cake is so moist and rich and just perfect for this time of year (easy to make!) I substitute spelt flour for the regular flour and used coconut sugar instead of regular sugar. Enjoy!!
Write a review
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups coconut sugar
- 2 heaping teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 6 medium Gala or Fuji or Honey Crisp apples
- 1 ½ spelt and ½ c whole wheat
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and oil.
- Peel and slice the apples and add to mixture in bowl (coating as you go to keep apples from turning brown).
- Mix together the baking soda and flour and add to the ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix well (best with a fork) until all of the flour is absorbed by the wet ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a greased one 9 x 13 inches or two 9 Inch round pans.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes.
Be Healthier You https://behealthieryou.com/